Thursday, September 15, 2016

Video: The Film with No Audio


THE FILM WITH NO AUDIO. DO IT YOURSELF...


The idea here, is audio. I did this short for a client last year. I had a silent movie to start with. I had ok footage to work with. The DP did a great job at capturing the action, but the camera, came from Target and was priced well under a hundred dollars.

I was brought in under the stage name Gerald Szakar so in the credits you will see me as such. I had to edit the piece after I got the rough from the client. My mission was to create everything you hear. You can take any type of footage and create what ever you want to say with the action. Take your time to find that one trac or trac's that fit what your footage is saying.

When we get to timelines and editing this will make more sense. But lay your audio trac first then start building the video off the audio. This will be shown later in class, but think about what your going to put together before the project. This is a lot like the treatment. If you can think about how the footage and the music go together it some times help, But in the end it's the video.

Back to the short horror film, again there was no audio. I had to make everything in post. That means I had to make my own sound effects, music, voices, and background. Keep this in mind, again there was no audio to reference in this film. I also did all the visual effects, special effect, motion graphics, after effects, and just a lot of nonsense to put this together.

The client never used this finished project... "He said it was too creepy."...

I guess horror films got warm and fuzzy now days.  Enjoy!

Gerald Pisk




2 comments:

  1. hardly creepy... liked the build up at the beginning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding all that audio back in must have taken forever. You did a great job matching up with the movements!

    ReplyDelete